- Seminar with Ruth Penfold-Mounce 2018-01-18
- Final report from Skol-BIM 2018-01-15
- The Faculty of Social Sciences has decided to establish a Centre for Social Work (CESAR) 2018-01-10
- The time period after parents misuse of drugs is important 2017-12-20
- Tobias Olofsson has been awarded a grant from Smålands Nation 2017-12-07
Seminariet är den centrala akademiska mötesplatsen. Vid seminariet lägger såväl internationella och nationella gäster fram sin forskning. Högre seminariet omfattar även doktorandpresentationer.
- SOCIOLOGICAL GAME THEORY: AGENCY, SOCIAL STRUCTURES AND INTERACTION PROCESSES. 2018
- SOCIAL SCIENCE APPROACHES TO REFORMULATING GAME THEORY: Models, Comparisons, and Implications of an Alternative Development. 2018
- SOCIOLOGICAL APPROACHES TO REFORMULATING GAME THEORY: Norms, Roles, Institutions and Socio-cultural Formations in Cognitive Structuring and Action Determination Processe. 2018
- Between Openness and Closure: Helmuth Plessner and the Boundaries of Social Life. 2018
- Skrivarlinjer och den skönlitterära debuten [Writing programs and the fiction debut]. 2018
- ‘Moving quietly in the shadows’: On Feral Feeding in Kolkata. 2018
- Introducing Animals, Places and Lively Cartographies. 2018
- Animal Places. Lively Cartographies of Human-Animal Relations. 2018
- Urban heritages: how history and housing finance matter to housing form and homeownership rates. 2018
- Swedish Disability Policies: Ideas, Values and Practices in a Historical Perspective.. 2018
Alumniprofil Karin Busch Zetterberg
Hedersdoktor Richard Swedberg föreläser
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 1
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 2
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 3
About the Department
Without confinement to any specific areas or themes sociologists engage in social science basic research. In doing so methods and theories aimed at the studying, understanding and explaining of social phenomena are developed.
Research and education at the Department of Sociology reflects this span and diversity. Here you will meet teachers and researchers who focus on areas like work, children, economics, gender, disability, self conceptualisations, networking, fashion, organization, urban life, sexuality, technology or aging.
Each semester about five hundred students are engaged in undergraduate studies, either as enrolled in any of the programmes hosted by the department, or in any of the numerous single subject courses, which can also be included, as compulsory or elective courses, in programmes hosted by other departments.
At the department Master studies can be carried out through single subject courses or through the Master programme in Social sciences.
The department staff comprises a total of about fifty researchers, teachers and administrators. Through the graduate programme, each year about five doctoral dissertations are completed.