- Open lecture with Roger Chartier 24/10 2018-09-17
- Invitation to the prize ceremony for the Zetterberg Prize 2018-09-11
- Video on research on old age social exclusion 2018-08-10
- Vacancy: Professor in Sociology, especially work, economy and organization 2018-06-13
- Dis/connection symposium 27-28 September 2018 2018-06-07
Seminariet är den centrala akademiska mötesplatsen. Vid seminariet lägger såväl internationella och nationella gäster fram sin forskning. Högre seminariet omfattar även doktorandpresentationer.
- Forms of uncertainty reduction: decision, valuation, and contest. 2018
- Comment on ‘The Complex Market: Communications of Exchange, ObservingCompetitors, and Prices’ by Pascal Goeke and Evelyn Moser. 2018
- Humour in the Swedish Court: Managing Emotions, Status and Power. 2018
- The influence of family policies on women´s childbearing: A longitudinal micro-data analysis of 21 countries. 2018
- Child welfare services and social media: childhood, being and becoming in a digital society. 2018
- Unmet needs for healthcare in superdiverse neighbourhoods: results from the UPWEB study. 2018
- Financial oppression and post-separation child positions in Sweden. 2018
- SOCIOLOGICAL GAME THEORY: AGENCY, SOCIAL STRUCTURES AND INTERACTION PROCESSES. 2018
- SOCIAL SCIENCE APPROACHES TO REFORMULATING GAME THEORY: Models, Comparisons, and Implications of an Alternative Development. 2018
- SOCIOLOGICAL APPROACHES TO REFORMULATING GAME THEORY: Norms, Roles, Institutions and Socio-cultural Formations in Cognitive Structuring and Action Determination Processe. 2018
Alumniprofil Karin Busch Zetterberg
Hedersdoktor Richard Swedberg föreläser
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 1
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 2
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 3
About the Department
Without confinement to any specific areas or themes sociologists engage in social science basic research. In doing so methods and theories aimed at the studying, understanding and explaining of social phenomena are developed.
Research and education at the Department of Sociology reflects this span and diversity. Here you will meet teachers and researchers who focus on areas like work, children, economics, gender, disability, self conceptualisations, networking, fashion, organization, urban life, sexuality, technology or aging.
Each semester about five hundred students are engaged in undergraduate studies, either as enrolled in any of the programmes hosted by the department, or in any of the numerous single subject courses, which can also be included, as compulsory or elective courses, in programmes hosted by other departments.
At the department Master studies can be carried out through single subject courses or through the Master programme in Social sciences.
The department staff comprises a total of about fifty researchers, teachers and administrators. Through the graduate programme, each year about five doctoral dissertations are completed.