Seminariet är den centrala akademiska mötesplatsen. Vid seminariet lägger såväl internationella och nationella gäster fram sin forskning. Högre seminariet omfattar även doktorandpresentationer.
- Taking Story Seriously. 2017
- Public evaluation of health services across 21 European countries: The role of culture. 2017
- Public Policy, Immigrant Experiences, and Health Outcomes in the United Kingdom. 2016
- Public Policy, Immigrant Experiences, and Health Outcomes in Sweden. 2016
- Interview with Patrik Aspers: "Since There Are So Many Theories, We Should Focus on Really Good Empirical Research Instead". 2016
- European Discrimination in Educational Systems: Structural Patterns in Eight Countries. 2006
- Power, Culture, and Control over Immigrants' Life Chances on European Labor Markets: Structural Patterns in Eight Countries. 2006
- Actors, Games and Systems: The Dialectics of Social Action and System Structuring. 1978
- Fuzzy Judment in Bargaining Games: Diverse Patterns of Price Determination and Transaction in Buyer-Seller Exchange. 2002
- Participation of Residents in Housing Policy-making and Management: Organizational Innovations in Participatory Democracy. 1981
Hedersdoktor Richard Swedberg föreläser
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 1
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 2
Föreläsning om Professor Segerstedt del 3
About the Department
Without confinement to any specific areas or themes sociologists engage in social science basic research. In doing so methods and theories aimed at the studying, understanding and explaining of social phenomena are developed.
Research and education at the Department of Sociology reflects this span and diversity. Here you will meet teachers and researchers who focus on areas like work, children, economics, gender, disability, self conceptualisations, networking, fashion, organization, urban life, sexuality, technology or aging.
Each semester about five hundred students are engaged in undergraduate studies, either as enrolled in any of the programmes hosted by the department, or in any of the numerous single subject courses, which can also be included, as compulsory or elective courses, in programmes hosted by other departments.
At the department Master studies can be carried out through single subject courses or through the Master programme in Social sciences.
The department staff comprises a total of about fifty researchers, teachers and administrators. Through the graduate programme, each year about five doctoral dissertations are completed.